This test is based on the left brain/right brain dominance theory. According to this theory “left-brained” and “right-brained” individuals have a huge difference in behavior, personality traits and cognitive strategies.
Human brain is really divided into two halves, or hemispheres. Each of these halves has particular areas control certain functions.
Understand yourself better with left/right brain test results
So the left brain is connected to:
language learning abilities
speech and writing abilities
information storage and analysiss
Functions of the right brain:
music and rhythm
imagination and emotions
arts and creativity
The idea of different approaches in teaching people with a different dominant brain became especially popular in the 70s of the last century. Thus, for people with a dominant left hemisphere, appropriate educational programs were developed based on rational and logically substantiated tasks. For “right-brained” people - on creativity and emotions received in the learning process.
Problems with the theory
To date, the benefits of separating students on this basis have not received significant scientific evidence.
In addition, an extensive study by Jared A. Nielsen showed that human behavior cannot be “left-brained” or “right-brained”, because our brain is much more complex and those properties that were previously attributed to only one part of the brain should be interpreted as whole-brain properties.
Note that this test is provided for educational purposes only, and its questions and results can in no way be interpreted as a specialist or doctor’s advice.
1. If talking about clothes, I appreciate both quality and practicality, not design
2. I am a very romantic person
3. It is easy to remember some history dates and facts for me
4. My mood can easily change during the day
5. I would prefer a math task to writing an essay
6. I would rather improvise than carefully prepare a speech to congratulate the newlyweds
7. I take pleasure in putting things in order
8. I often generate new ideas, but I rarely have the patience to bring them to life
9. I set a goal and consistently move in order to achieve it