Alcoholism is the excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages, which affects the physical and mental health of a person and his relationships with others.
Could you have an alcohol use problem?
Many people deny that they have a problem with alcohol. Do people around tell you there is a problem? Does drinking affect your work or household chores? Then this may be indicative of severe addiction.
Alcohol self-assessment test
The MAST (Michigan Alcohol Screening Test) was published by Selzer, M. L., Vanosdall, F. E., & Chapman, M. in 1971. Despite the creation date, the MAST remains one of the most accurate alcohol screening tests available. Some studies show that it has been successful in identifying dependent drinkers with up to 98% accuracy.
This alcoholism test evaluates various symptoms associated with alcohol addiction and problems with self-esteem and relationships caused by alcohol use. Determine if there is a problem and how severe it is with this fast alcohol addiction test.
Test is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only. Note that the results of the MAST online test are not intended as an official diagnosis. An official alcohol use disorder diagnosis can only be made by a licensed professional.
1. Do you feel you are a normal drinker?
2. Have you ever awakened the morning after some drinking the night before and found that you could not remember a part of the evening?
3. Does your partner, a parent, or other near relative ever worry or complain about your drinking?
4. Can you stop drinking without a struggle after one or two drinks?*
5. Do you ever feel guilty about your drinking?
6. Do friends or relatives think you are a normal drinker?
7. Are you able to stop drinking when you want to?
8. Have you ever attended a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) because of your own drinking?
9. Have you ever gotten into physical fights when drinking?
10. Has your drinking ever created problems between you and your partner, a parent, or other near relative?