The supernatural is something beyond ordinary reality or a kind of a reality perceived by the human mind as fundamentally different from the usual. At the same time, individuals who believe in the supernatural do not necessarily profess any religion.
The Supernatural Belief Scale helps determine the degree to which people adhere to such beliefs. If a person has an inherent belief in the supernatural, it is impossible to identify their adherence with a mistake or delusion. Most likely, their faith is associated with the notion that the supernatural is not subject to the ordinary laws of the physical world.
It can be considered that the supernatural is opposed to the material world as something not subject to its laws and is “excluded” from the chain of ordinary and logical views.
Do you believe in the supernatural?
Already in ancient times, the search for the causes of natural phenomena and diseases prompted people to seek explanations in supernatural spiritual powers. Lack of necessary knowledge, gaps in research, and underdeveloped technologies, at that time, were filled mainly by mythologized guesses. Over time, some theses were dogmatically reinforced - in some cases, through cultural inheritance, in other cases, in specific documents. In the modern world, scientific knowledge is opposed to such dogmas of the supernatural origin of phenomena around us. This supernatural belief test helps determine your attitude to religious and spiritual ideas about the world's structure.
Please answer the questions below as accurately as possible. The scale ranges from "strongly agree" to "strongly disagree"; you need to choose the answer that matches your personal convictions.
Note this test is provided strictly for informational, educational and entertainment purposes and should not be used for making any decision. It is not intended to be a psychological advice of any kind.
1. There exists an all-powerful, all-knowing, loving God.
2. There exists an evil personal spiritual being, whom we might call the devil.
3. There exist good personal spiritual beings, whom we might call angels.
4. There exist evil, personal spiritual beings, whom we might call demons.
5. Human beings have immaterial, immortal souls.
6. There is a spiritual realm besides the physical one.
7. Some people will be rewarded in an afterlife when they die.
8. Some people will be punished in an afterlife when they die.
9. Miracles—divinely-caused events that have no natural explanation—can and do happen.
10. There are individuals who are messengers of God and/or can foresee the future.