All people differ in their sexual attitudes. Clyde Hendrick, Susan S. Hendrick, and Darcy A. Reich from Texas Tech University have been actively researching this topic since 1987, mostly by testing the same university students. The early studies were continually improved, leading to a shorter yet more effective version in 2005. You can find this version of the test on this page.
Four main types of personality sexual attitudes can be distinguished: Permissiveness = Permissiveness towards an open relationship Birth control =Responsibility in birth control Communion = Attitude towards the importance of melting together with sex partner Instrumentality = Attitude towards enjoying the physical sex
The lower the score on a specific scale, the more prone you are to this type of behavior in sexual relationships.
Listed below are several statements that reflect different attitudes about sex. For each statement select the response on the answer scale that indicates how much you agree or disagree with that statement.
Whenever possible, answer the questions with your current partner in mind. If you are not currently dating anyone, answer the questions with your most recent partner in mind. If you have never had a sexual relationship, answer in terms of what you think your responses would most likely be.
Note this test is provided strictly for informational, educational and entertainment purposes and should not be used for making any decision. It is not intended to be a psychological advice of any kind.
1. I do not need to be committed to a person to have sex with him/her.
2. Casual sex is acceptable.
3. I would like to have sex with many partners.
4. One night stands are sometimes very enjoyable.
5. It is okay to have ongoing sexual relationships with more than one person at a time.
6. Sex as a simple exchange of favors is okay if both people agree to it.
7. The best sex is with no strings attached.
8. Life would have fewer problems if people could have sex more freely.
9. It is possible to enjoy sex with a person and not like that person very much..
10. It is okay for sex to be just good physical release.